Monday, May 29, 2006

 

Week 20 5/22 through 5/28

This week sucked.  I was out of town all week so it threw my training into a tailspin.  On top of that as mentioned in an earlier post, I totaled my bike. 

 

First, the travel.  I was in Columbus Ohio right next to the airport.  Hotel “health clubs” are small rooms where they store exercise equipment that is broke.  Trying to get an hour of running on a broken treadmill makes for a long hour. The equipment is noisy, does not track well and all the computers are not calibrated.  Basically,, nothing works.  On the bright side, I could use a gym nearby.  It was in another hotel.    They had a pool and spa so it was nice.  One afternoon, I did an hour of laps in the pool.  Afterwards, I was sitting by the side of the pool relaxing when a ladies water aerobics class started.  It was funny watching the class.  I was clearly, not welcomed.  The women all gave me the evil eye as they entered the water.  I think they were self-conscience about having a man around while they did their class.  I left before they started bouncing around too much.  The white caps were just starting to form.

 

I was supposed to put in 14.5 hours of training but only got in 8.  All due to the travel and because I ran my bike into the house.

 

Highlight of the week,,, I got a new bike frame…


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?